Saturday, January 12, 2013

Feeling inspired!

Today I went to my monthly Bariatric Surgery Support Group. I felt so inspired that I wanted to do a blog post. I want to acknowledge how amazing all these people are. Wow! These people truly inspire me to keep striving forward. Today was a "check in" which means we go around the room and every person stands up and shares his or her story. (Some meetings we have a speaker that talks about a subject us Bariatric patients would benefit from.) 

Every time I go to a check in meeting and hear others stories I always find something from each person that I can relate with. Among the things I heard today; getting enough protein in, getting enough water in, exercise, eating slowly, and plateaus. I also see people get emotional speaking about their story, it's amazing how courageous all of them are!
Next month we will have a speaker talk about emotional eating, I will be sure to make it! Emotional eating is such a significant factor in why I gained all the weight I did. 

I realized that I didn't post a picture I was proud of and wanted to share with all my blog followers. If you are my friend on Facebook you probably saw it. What this is is me in my middle school "spirit team" cheerleading uniform. I haven't been able to fit back into this uniform as an adult which makes sense because the last time I weighed what I do now is in middle school. So here it is!


No comments:

Post a Comment