Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Rich Brownies

After making Red Velvet Cake last week, I had leftover cocoa powder and what better way to use cocoa power than to make Brownies from scratch?! So I called in the help of my best friend Google to help me find the perfect Brownie recipe and I found this one.
 
It knocked my socks off. It was really really chocolatey! I brought some to work and they were a hit with my coworkers. The only thing I did different than the original recipe was I microwaved the Butter, Cocoa and Sugar instead of using a double broiler on the stove. I also used Salted Butter and reduced the amount of Salt I added. Try these when you're up for some rich chocolatey deliciousness.
 
Brownies!
Yields 20 small or 12 large brownies
 
1 1/4 sticks salted butter
1 1/4 cups sugar
3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (natural or Dutch-process)
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 cold large eggs
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
optional: 2/3 cups of chopped Walnuts
 
Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
 
Place the butter, sugar, and cocoa powder in a microwave safe bowl and place in the microwave for 2 minutes. Take out and mix with a whisk then place in the microwave another minute or two to finish melting the butter. Take out of the microwave and whisk together making sure the butter is melted and all the ingredients are mixed into a beautiful fudgey looking concoction. Let the batter cool for a couple minutes.
 
Using a wooden spoon mix in the Vanilla. Then add the eggs, one at a time mixing really well. When the batter is mixed and shiny add the Flour and vigourously beat with the spoon until you can no longer so any white spots from the flour.
 
Grease an 8x8 baking pan and add the batter. Bake at 325 for 20-25 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out a tad moist. Remove from oven and allow to cool before cutting.

 
Yum!
~Mely
 

No comments:

Post a Comment