Wednesday, December 19, 2012

1 week out -15 lb from surgery -35 lb total

note: I did the math wrong and I realized that it was actually -35 pounds at the time of this post, not 45.

Today was my one week since surgery.

Weighed myself this morning and I have lost 15 pounds since surgery, 45 total since the beginning of my journey.

This first week has been rough. I think the first week out is always the most difficult. I cannot predict it getting harder than this. It feels so immensely surreal to be on this side of the sleeve and know that this is really me, really losing weight in a dramatic fashion. I have to admit, due to the speed of my weight loss I am weighing myself everyday. They say that it is bad to weigh yourself everyday but when you are practically eating less than 400 calories a day and losing 2 pounds a day it's so hard not to want to witness the daily change.

I look at myself in the mirror every morning and every morning I start to love what I see more and more. God granted me with a figure so even at my heaviest you could notice my curves. Losing weight I find myself noticing my curves become accentuated.  I also look at myself in the face and I see my bone structure slowly become more obvious. When I weighed myself this morning I realized I can't remember when was the last time I weighed what I weighed. High School? Most likely. 

Food: Being on clear liquids is so hard! Especially when my bro makes all this delicious food. I notice it has become easier now and it's more automatic. It helps to be on clear liquids because I am never hungry. It is an entirely new feeling to never feel full but never feel hungry. I stop myself during the day to really appreciate how that feels. Just because it has become easier not to eat food doesn't mean that I don't miss food but I find myself not thinking about it as often as I was.

Moving: I can't wait to be able to go to the gym again. It will be so neat to see what my body can do now that I am so much lighter. Since I can't go back to the gym until one more week I predict I will have lost at least 12 more pounds by then. Which will make me about 30 pounds lighter since the last time I went to the gym. 30 pounds! I look forward to knowing what 30 pounds lost feels like on the treadmill. I hope I am able to walk a little faster or even sustain a running pace. I know that once I start working out and doing weights I will look even better than solely losing weight!

I know I said I was going to post pictures but as I write this, there is nobody home to take a full body pic of me. But I promise promise promise that my next post will consist of lots of pictures. I can't wait to take a lot of them and post them up! 


2 comments:

  1. Congrats, gurl! you're doing so good. My pre-op diet starts in January and I'm not looking forward to shakes and liquids the week before the surgery :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Melissa! Yes, Kylie's reading your blog. Good luck and stay healthy. See you next week!

    ReplyDelete