Monday, July 28, 2014

Weekend Story - Monster Post

 
Friday
 
On Friday I called in sick to work. I pretty much hung out at home and did nothing. Later on we went to my Mom's house for dinner. She made Beef Tongue Tacos. So good!
 
This is Chester and I am his favorite Master. This is an Instagram pic of his evil laser eyes.

 
 
Saturday
Saturday we headed to the river with my pals! I brought homemade chicken salad, watermelon, lemonade, chips, pringles and some Pinot Grigio - classy! I didn't take many pictures because my phone was hidden away in Tony's backpack. I managed a couple and my pal Connie took a cute one of Tony and I in the water :) Connie is the official group photographer and she also snapped these other pics!

 
That is my pal Connie, Tony and I taking a trelfie. Tripe Selfie. Yes I just said it.

 

 
This is Connie, myself and my pal Crystal
 
 

 
 Tony and I
 
 
 

 
 
We got home from the River exhausted. We took a shower and rested for a bit and headed out for some Chinese! There's a place walking distance from our house and we took off on foot. I must say I was a bit dissapointed with the food, it had good flavor but was too salty. We probably won't be going there again.
 
 
Sunday
Sunday I was up early and Tony slept in a little longer. I headed out to my Momma's house to hang out there for a while and pick up some Corundas she made, I found this picture online. Corundas are basically tamales without meat and in a smaller rounder form. They usually have green sauce or cheese inside. You serve them with sour cream and more green sauce.

 
 
My mom wasn't home so I just hung out with my sister in law and my nephew. I affectionately call my 6 year old nephew my Sugerplum, he's not too keen on it but I can't resist. I took this Snapchat of him creatively searching through the pantry. I mean he's too cute!

 
 
And I couldn't resist snapping a few pics and making a collage of Chester because look at that face! Love my Ches.

 
After I left home I went to the mall and I got a swimsuit from Forever 21 for $7! I love me a good deal :)
 
Then I stopped by Trader Joe's for some groceries and headed home to Tony. We decided to head out to the Sonoma County Fair!!! We checked out the Flower Show which was "Peace, Love and Fair" themed. Then we saw the livestock, a Sea Lion show and we walked around and grabbed some yummy fair food. On the Fair Menu: Giant Corndog, Chili Cheese Fries, Cinnamon Funnel Cake, Fresh Squeezed Lemonade and Pasta!


 
 
 
The cows were super cute! I felt terrible knowing that they are going to be slaughtered :( I honestly questioned whether I want to eat Beef anymore.



 
I also took this live picture of a cow peeing. Let me tell you, right before I took this picture there was a cow propelling poop a few feet directly in front of me. Once Tony told me to watch out I BOOKED it. My life flashed before my eyes... kidding, but seriously I was terrified of getting poop on me.

 
 
We walked around some more and I took this oh so sexy Snapchat of Tony and I with no makeup, duck face and frowny face included.

 
 
 
We came home around 8 PM and watched a couple of episodes of our current favorite show on Netflix before bed:
My First Home on TLC
 The episodes are old but this show takes you into the homebuying process of first time homeowners. We always crack up when they mention the prices these people pay for full size homes in the midwest and east coast. What's that? $120,000 for a 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom, 1800 Square Feet home? It makes us question home ownership in our Bay Area California where you need to spend at least $450,000 to get a decent 1500 Square Feet home. Jeez.
 
And that's all folks!
 
~Mely
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment