Monday, July 21, 2014

Weekend Story


Friday
Friday work was such a drag! Not because work sucked but because I was tired and moved at the speed of molasses. I had asked Tony to defrost some chicken breasts and put some butter out to soften because I had grandiose plans for a culinary and baking experience that night. This wasn't sounding so appealing around 3 PM. A Starbucks iced coffee was in order? Perhaps!

 I got home and was super tired. I went upstairs and layed down for a bit. I ended up not even cooking anything. I did whip up two batches of cookie dough. More on this on my "Cookie Adventures" post that's coming soon. I baked about a dozen cookies and Tony's pal and his little brother came over for some hanging out and cookie eating. I went to bed at around 11:45 and I was out!


Here they are! I actually don't eat much of the cookies I make. Although they get great reviews and I make them with lots of amor I tend to only eat 1 or 2 at a time. In my eyes, it's the baking of them that is the true pleasure.
 

Saturday
Saturday Tony was up bright and early to go take his P.O.S.T test for the Santa Rosa Police Department. He is in the middle of applying and this is just the second hoop to jump. I'm praying that he does great on it. I know if he gets to the in person interview portion, he has a pretty good chance of being hired. He is very qualified and according to my friend who knows the former Police Chief, he is everything the PD is searching for in candidates. Please send good vibes our way so Tony has a smooth and successful application process.

Images of a hot police officer husband come to mind ;)
 
 
Not exactly my husband. Tony's much buffer, taller and tanner. Close enough. Swoon.


I was up early as well to sip on coffee and make Tony some breakfast burritos. After Tony got home we got ready to head out to a birthday party. The birthday party was for a family friend's grandson. Let me just say she can really get down with hosting parties. She offered a couple different types of tacos. You lined up at the Taco grill and ordered whatever tacos you wanted and topped them off with toppings to your liking. Delish!

We came home early from the party and went to lay down for a bit. Tony headed to the gym while I baked up more cookies from the remaining cookie dough. We went to bed and I attempted to watch an episode of "Who the Bleep did I Marry" but I quickly dozed off.


Sunday
Sunday we woke up late at 9 AM. I headed downstairs to have coffee with my MIL. I had a bag of Potstickers in the freezer and made potstickers, yes potstickers for breakfast. Tony's aunt and My Momma and little sister came over later and we had Salsa de Nopales, Beans, Chips and Cheese for Lunch. Nopales are cactus and are a common vegetable consumed in Mexico. You can whip them up with Tomato, Onion and Cilantro and enjoy with chips or you can sautee them and serve them as a hot dish. My Mom likes to cook them with eggs. I know this sounds unappetizing if you aren't used to it but they are tasty and good for you! I guess it's a Mexican thing.


Nopales unpeeled. These suckers are a real task to peel. Look at those thorns!
 
 

Peeled and Cut



 
Enough of that... So we had lunch and chatted a long while until dinner time. My Mother in Law helped me make Green Enchiladas. Sorry, I just wanted us to finish them and I didn't take pictures for a recipe post. Soon my dears, soon. We also talked about my current favorite subject to talk about. YOSEMITE!!! T-minus 18 days before we leave :) Tony's aunt had left earlier and my Mom and sister left after dinner. I cleaned up the kitchen and Tony did the dishes and we went upstairs. Later on I wanted something sweet so we headed out to Baskin Robbins and I got me a mini Oreo Cappuccino Blast. Bad, so bad. At least I get the mini, right? RIGHT?!
 

 
And that's all folks. Next weekend my Pals will be joining us for a little weekend fun. We are going to the river and they might join us for a little county fair action! Can't wait! Is it Friday yet?
 
~Mely
 

No comments:

Post a Comment