Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Mely Cooks Monday - Wednesday Link Up Edition

Today I am linking up with Andrea at Momfessionals for her Recipe Club Link-up! Yay!


 
Last week when Tony and I decided we wanted to get married by the church we also established we needed to diet. He said all he wanted to eat was vegetables, but my heart was set on making this Pasta with Mushrooms, Chicken Breast and my favorite Pesto long before we established we needed to be strict with our eating. Naturally I made this Pasta anyways because I had the Pesto and Chicken already sitting in my fridge, sorry diet!
 
I rushed to the gym to get a workout in before I rushed home to get started on this beautiful carb masterpiece. Tony goes to the gym at 7 which allows me to have "me and Netflix time" or "me and my recipes time" every day from 7-9ish. So here we go!

Creamy Pesto Pasta

Serves 4 hungry adults

 
 
What you will need:
 
1 C. Heavy Cream
1 container of Pesto (about 7- 10 OZ works, I used Pasta King Pesto which is local)
1 Chicken Breast
2-3 Cups sliced Mushrooms (I use Cremini)
1/4 C. Grated Parmesan Cheese
2 cloves of Garlic
1 LB Spaghetti or Angel Hair Pasta (Any long pasta will work)
Olive Oil for Sauteeing
3 TBSP Butter
 

These are just the main ingredients!

Heat up a pot of Water and boil your pasta according to directions, drain and rinse with cool water.

Finely dice or press your garlic cloves and cut up your chicken in 1 inch cubes. Season your chicken with Salt and Pepper.

Heat up a medium size pot and add 3 tablespoons of Olive oil. Follow by adding your garlic, chicken and mushrooms. Cook until your chicken is no longer pink and mushrooms are tender, about 10 minutes. Do NOT drain the natural juices from the Chicken and Mushrooms.

Add your butter, cream and pesto and bring your sauce to a boil constantly stirring to allow your sauce to thicken. Add your Parmesan Cheese and keep stirring about 5 minutes. You want your Sauce to not be watery but also not too thick because once you add the noodles, the sauce tends to dry up a little***
 
Once your sauce has become saucey lol, add your pasta and stir together.

Serve immediately and top with grated Parmesan Cheese.
 
*** I made the mistake of letting my sauce thicken a little too much so my Pasta came out a little drier than I would have liked, still good but next time I'll add my pasta a little sooner.
 
Enjoy!
~Mely
 

No comments:

Post a Comment