Thursday, September 25, 2014

Omega Chicken Salad

Last week I ventured out to the supermarket to buy the ingredients for some sweet Chicken Salad with Craisins, Apple and Almonds. As I pensively stood in the aisle, I realized I could buy a seperate bag of almonds and craisins but I saw this "Omega Blend" and I was intrigued.
 
 
This Omega Blend has a combination of things that are lovely in a Chicken Salad! These include Walnuts, Almonds, Pistachios, Craisins and Pepitas (Pumpkin Seeds).
 
I bought the Omega Blend and set out to make a new Chicken salad recipe! The results were just as good as I thought they would be. Try this out sometime, it's easy and has a nice crunch!
 
Omega Chicken Salad
Makes 4 Sandwiches
 
2 Cups Shredded Chicken Meat
1/3 C. Omega CranMix (if you can't find this any mix of Craisins and Nuts works well)
3-4 TBSP (more or less to taste) Mayo or Greek Yogurt
1 TBSP Diced Onion
1 Apple Diced (Granny Smith or Gala work well)
Salt and Pepper to Taste
Mini French Rolls or Sliced Bread for Sandwiches
 
 
Simply combine and mix all your ingredients in a large storable container and refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving!
 
 


 
I served mine on one of my favorite ever mini french rolls and it was delicious. A perfect weekday lunch!
 

 
Enjoy!
~Mely
 

No comments:

Post a Comment