Monday, September 22, 2014

Weekend Story

 
Friday
 
Friday my boss took us to lunch at Flavor Bistro and let us go home at 3 PM, I was super pumped! After work I set out to buy spices to expand my Spice Pantry. I went to Trader Joe's and got a couple of things and then I went and checked out Penzey's Spices. It was life changing, they have every possible spice or flavor extract you could need! I ended up buying these three things but I want to come back every so often to treat myself to different spices ;) I also signed up to become a PartyLite Candle Consultant, I love their candles and thought this would be a fun hobby so I took the dive!
 

This burger was good but it wasn't the best I've ever had!
 

 
I was happy to get these bottles of spices all for $10! Cream of Tartar at the grocery store is almost $6 a bottle, same goes for Ground Mustard! That's crazy, I hate spending a boatload of money on a spice I will rarely use.
 
Later in the evening Tony and I took my Mom and his Aunt to Red Lobster... I used to love Red Lobster as a kid and was astonished Tony had never been before so we went out for dinner and it was nice. I remember the food tasting better but it could just be my tastebuds are "more refined" now. Hehe :)
 
Saturday
Saturday we went to one of my favorite places, Costco! I had to buy a Costco-sized package of butter because I realize that I use a lot of butter for my baking and wanted to have a bunch handy. We also went to the grocery store and then went to my Momma's house for a while. She had a small BBQ and we were there until late. Anthony's parents went out and he stayed with his Grandma.. We got this super cute selfie, it's a little blurry but I loved it :)

 
I mean, how cute is my baby nephew?
 
I also browsed some pictures of my Mom and Dad's wedding day and how gorgeous was my Momma on her Wedding day? And my Dad looks like a Novela Actor.

 
My mom doesn't know what the heck my Grandma did with her wedding dress, I was pretty irritated because I wanted that dress! She said it was nothing special but I think it's gorgeous. Side note: my Parents are actually divorced now but it's still cool to look at pictures and see all that history.
 
Sunday
Sunday I left to Santa Rosa solo to go to my little sister's soccer game and afterwards my Mom made Corundas with a couple of her friends at her house. Tony was at his cousin's house watching the Raiders game and I only watched part of the Niners game, it was horrible and the Refs have no idea what they are doing! Saturday night, I had made Chili and Sunday I was able to indulge in some with Sour Cream and Cheddar which made my heart ache a little less after that crappy loss. It was mighty good!
 
I was at my Mom's house until around 8 PM at which point I went home and we watched an episode of American Dad before going to sleep.
 
All in all, this weekend was a good weekend (minus my Niners losing). Next weekend Kari has a soccer tournament... uh oh #crazyoldersistersoccercheering. And tonite on Mely Cooks Monday...
 
Creamy Pesto Spaghetti with Mushrooms and Chicken
 
That recipe will be up tomorrow!
~Mely
 

No comments:

Post a Comment