Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Trader Joe's Reviews Part 1

I like TJ's a LOT. It's my jam, when I used to work for RCU, my C-pals and I would hit up TJ's at least once or twice a week. Tony is beginning to appreciate the greatness of TJ's as well, I rub off on him quite nicely. I have tried many many a-foods from TJ's and here are my reviews for the stuff I love and the stuff that eh I probably won't be buying again. Although, in all fairness, most of the stuff I buy from TJ's is amazing and I keep coming back again.
 
Disclosure: All the images are borrowed from Google Images because I decided to start this series on a whim and I don't have ALL of my TJ's products with me at once...

I'll start with MLs (Mely Loves)
 
1. Greek Yogurt
 
 
Listen, I am a huge snob when it comes to my Greek Yogurt and these yogurts from TJ's satisfy my soul. Although, I remain fiercely loyal to Fage, sometimes I don't want to spend upwards of 1.50 per cup of Fage so TJ's is a good cheap backup. My favorite flavors are Vanilla Bean and Raspberry. I've had all of them but these are my go-to's.

2. Vanilla Bean Wafers


These are so amazing! And they are cheap! A must try, next time you go to TJ's buy yourself a container.

3. Bon Bons

 
  Need I say more? These are perfect for a shameful pig-out session or a post break up indulgence. I haven't actually eaten them after a break-up since in my younger unmarried days I was usually relieved to break up with my boyfriends but based on chick flick stereotypes, I can imagine they are great after a break-up.

4. Teriyaki Chicken


I have blogged about this Chicken before. It's easy, tasty and quick! It pairs perfectly with Frozen Jasmine Rice and Steamed Veggies. Buy a couple bags of these and have Teriyaki Chicken Bowl night at your house tonite!

5. Chicken Caeser Salad



I saved the best for last. You know something is quite special when it's cheaper and still way better than it's competitors. If you know TJ's at all you know that they have a wide variety of pre-packaged salads to choose from all for less than $5 each. This one is the best, the dressing is delicious and very Caeser dressing-like and the croutons have a kick to them, so so good. I think this one is $3.99? Funny story: when I give my 11 year old sister her choice of food when we are out and about, she elects to have a TJ's Caeser salad. The apple doesn't far too far from the other apple from the same tree. Get it? HA!

Now for a MNL (Mely No Like)

Tempura Sweet and Sour Chicken



Maybe it's because I baked it instead of frying it but the sauce was too watery and the chicken had a weird doughy consistency. Meh!

Tune in next week... I will review:

TJ's Beef and Broccoli
TJ's Cinnamon Rolls
TJ's Hummus
TJ's Cheese
TJ's Tamales

~Mely

No comments:

Post a Comment