Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Twas the Eve of the Sleeve...

Hi guys,

So here it is. It is the night before the sleeve. I am starting to feel all the nervousness and anxiety I am supposed to feel for surgery. I can't believe 6 months have flown by so quickly. I still remember leaving my surgeon's office after the first visit. I was crying because I was so emotional from finding out which surgery I would be having and this that I truly wanted was finally going to happen!

This journey has been so amazing and it is yet to be over! I am barely getting to the surgery part. After the surgery I will have a whole new set of challenges to address and overcome. I am getting a little emotional just typing this blog entry. These past 6 months I have learned so much about myself and about my body. I have learned what I am capable and I had to also change my relationship with food. That within itself is so much. 

This weekend I enjoyed my last weekend on this side of the sleeve. It was truly a weekend to remember. My best friend and I attended my work's Christmas party and we had such a blast! I danced and mingled with my coworkers. We even took some awesome photo booth pictures. 

Now to the surgery. I have to be at the hospital at 5:30 AM and my surgery will be at 7:30. I have prepared everything I needed to prepare for it! It's going to be so surreal to actually be there and know this is happening. AMAZING!

I will make sure to take lots of pics when I actually get to the hospital and right after surgery. I will be in the hospital until Friday if all goes well. 

See you with lots of pictures after the sleeve!!!

6 comments:

  1. Next year's photo booth pictures will be on people magazine ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you! Glad you were able to read my text this morning just in time! Sending you positive, speedy, healing vibes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope everything went well for you? Can't wait to hear how it all went :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chubarella, thank you for your support. I just posted my "home from the hospital" entry. hope you like it :)

      Delete
  4. Crystal: energy flows! ;) Thanks for the good wishes pal!

    ReplyDelete