Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Weekend Story

 
This past weekend was a rollercoaster of emotions. I was battling a nasty cold and my hormone levels seemed way out of whack but somehow, even with being sick, I still managed to get a boatload of things done.
 
Friday
Friday Tony and his Dad had to fix his car. We ended up spending a lot of money but we saved the $1200 we would have paid at Les Schuab Tire or the $3000 we would have spent at BMW. I am super grateful for my awesome brother who works in the imported auto part industry and my awesome father in law who is a mechanic for helping us get Tony's car fixed. After work I went to Walmart and picked up a few necessaties along with an amazing pair of leggings that were only $15!!! They are super comfy and versatile enough for work and a casual weekend.
 
When I got home I ordered a couple pizzas for dinner and after inhaling some NyQuil I passed right out.
 
Saturday
Saturday I woke up still feeling crummy! Tony and I had to leave home early to go pick up Anthony who had a little league game. We ended up babysitting both Anthony and my sister so we definitely got to practice our children wrangling skills.
 

 
Anthony running to homebase!
 
After the game the kiddos were hungry and so were the babysitters so we went to my favorite Chinese place in Rohnert Park and indulged in their amazing lunch specials. You really can't go wrong with cheap $7 lunch specials. Yum!
 
Then we checked out the new "Walmart Neighborhood Market" in my Mom's neighborhood and it is amazing! Their baking section has everything I could possibly ever need and at amazing low prices. I could not get enough! From there we spent a few hours at my Mom's house until about 6PM, my Mom forced me to go through my old closet and purge things I didn't need anymore. I was super cranky at the end of it and just wanted to go lay down. PK wanted to spend the night at our place and we took her home with us but not before stopping by Baskin Robbins and picking up some mini Cappuccino Blasts! I knew PK would love them because she is basically an 11 year old version of myself and likes everything I like, except for Sushi, we're working on Sushi.
 
I got home and inhaled some DayQuil and was determined to make all my Snickerdoodle cookie baking dreams come true. While Tony was at the gym PK and I made these Snickerdoodles. The results? They were okay... I expected them to be a little better so I still haven't found the Snickerdoodle recipe for me.

 
 
Baking did make me feel a little better emotionally (if you know me, you know that baking is my therapy) but I was still feeling sick! I had Tony bring me some Tacos from a Taco truck and I had a major diva moment when he forgot my grilled onions. Then I pouted because I had him go to a different Taco truck than the one I like (because his Mom insisted it was way better) and the tacos tasted really off. I was being a huge Cranky McCranky Pants that night. I ended up apologizing for being so mean and I thanked him for going out of his way to deliver Tacos for me.
 
Sunday
Sunday PK and I woke up pretty early because we thought she had a soccer game at 8:30. I took her to my Mom's house only to find out there was some confusion about the game and she actually only had a game in the afternoon. PK wanted to come back home with me so I brought her and we stayed at home for a while before coming back to Rohnert Park. My brother and I watched the Niners win and I stayed at my Mom's house until the early evening and and headed home to Tony. I made a batch of the best chili ever
 
 
Yum
 
I continued my routine of downing some NyQuil before falling asleep in Tony's arms. Overrall this weekend felt super long because I was so sick and irritable! What I should have done was stayed at home all weekend and just relax and do some chores. Hopefully next weekend will be a soothing one.
 
 ~Mely 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment