Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Cookie Baking Adventure


I recently posted my chocolate chip cookie recipe. Last weekend I baked two batches of Cookies and took pictures along the way to share.
 
I originally wanted to bake Snickerdoodles because I've never baked Snickerdoodles and I am a big fan. I was going to use this recipe but when I got to the grocery store I didn't feel like paying $7 for a bottle of Cream of Tartar because I wasn't going to be baking a ton of Snickerdoodles soon. I also recall seeing a bottle of Cream of Tartar at my Momma's house so I can just borrow it next time I go over. After ruling out Snickerdoodles I browsed the Baking section for other options and I found these:


 
 Reese's Peanut Butter Chips
If you know my husband you know he is a huge peanut butter fan. I immediately thought "Reese's Peanut Butter AND Chocolate chip Cookies. Sold.

 
Then I see this:


Ghirardelli White Chocolate Premium Baking Bar
 Then I thought "White Chocolate Chunk and Chocolate Chip Cookies" YES!
 
P.S. I apologize for the poor lighting. There's bad lighting in my in-laws' kitchen. I guess this is where a fancy camera would have been nice.
 
I already had these chocolate chips that I love using in my cookies at home:

 
Guittard Real Semisweet Chocolate Chips
These are my favorite chocolate chips. A good chocolate chip cookie must have a supreme chocolate chip!
 
Friday night after I let my butter soften for a solid 3 hours my first batch went like this:
 
Ingredients:
1 C. (2 sticks) softened salted butter
1 large egg
1 1/2 C packed brown sugar
1 TSP Pure Vanilla Extract
2 1/4 C All Purpose Flour
1 TSP Baking Soda
1/2 TSP salt
3/4 of a 10 OZ Bag of Reese's Peanut Butter Chips
1/2 bag (6 OZ) Guittard Semisweet Chips
 
(this is simply my original chocolate chip cookie recipe with the chocolate mixed and matched to my liking)
 
I beat the butter, egg, brown sugar and vanilla
 
 
 
 
Then I added my flour, salt and baking soda

 


Then I mixed with my hands and added the chips 


 
 


After I was done making my PB/Choc. chip dough I transferred it to another bowl for later use. Did I mention how much I love my Pyrex bowls? I got a set as a wedding gift and I use them every single time I cook. On the real though, if you don't have yourself a set, go buy one. Click here. No, Pyrex doesn't pay me to advertise on my blog but I really love my Pyrex bowls. I use them for baking, cooking and storing and I want to buy another set when Tony and I purchase our home.
 

 
 
 
Then I used my original bowl to make another batch of dough. This time though...



I added chopped white chocolate chunks and Guittard chocolate chips. I used a 4 OZ bar and the other half of my chocolate chips that remained from the peanut butter chip cookie dough.




I transferred both doughs into large Ziplock bags. On the top is the chcolate chip/white chocolate chunk dough and on the bottom is the peanut butter chip cookie dough. These doughs refrigerate beautifully and I wanted to bake one dozen Friday night and continue the fun Saturday night.

I preheated my oven to 375 then...

 
... Baked for about 8 or 9 minutes.


at the top is 1/2 dozen peanut butter chip cookie and the bottom is 1/2 dozen white chocolate and chip cookies. I let them cook for about 15 minutes before removing.

 
Look at that beauty!
 

 
This is the back of one of my cookies. I don't know what compelled me to take a picture of it but it looked tasty and I just did. Notice the soft buttery texture!
 
And that's it! Phew!
 
~Mely
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, these look HEAVENLY! Definitely adding these to my "to bake" list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you do try them, I hope you like them! They're a must try :)

      Delete