Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Mely's Chocolate Chip Cookies


 Years ago I started playing around with a few different cookie recipes. I wanted a cookie that exemplified the true definition of what a cookie should be: buttery, sweet but not too sweet, nice texture, good chocolate chip ratio, soft and good flavor. So I came up with one recipe and it was a hit (people tell me I should sell these). It's my go to recipe and I swear by it. I know it by heart and I make it often for family gatherings, coworkers, holidays, so on and so forth. The best part about this recipe is that it is very versatile. You can add nuts, omit chocolate and add raisins, oatmeal and cinnamon or mix in different types of chocolate (I like to make a triple chocolate chunk on very special occassions*) So here it is!
 
This recipe yields about 2 dozen large cookies
 
Ingredients:
1 C. (2 sticks) softened salted butter
1 large egg
1 1/2 C packed brown sugar
1 TSP Pure Vanilla Extract
2 1/4 C All Purpose Flour
1 TSP Baking Soda
1/2 TSP salt
12 OZ Semisweet Chocolate Chips*
Optional - 1 C. Chopped Walnuts

Preheat your oven to 375 Degrees
 
Beat butter, sugar, egg and vanilla on medium-high with an electrical hand mixer until well blended and no chunks of brown sugar appear
 
Add in your flour, baking soda and salt. Use your hands to combine and form your cookie dough. Then add your chocolate chips.
 
Drop rounded tablespoonds on a cookie sheet, 12 per sheet. Bake on the top rack for 8-10 minutes until golden brown. Do not overbake, you want your cookies soft and chewy after cooling. Remember to let  your cookies cool on their sheet after removal from the oven.
 
Enjoy :)
 
*Sometimes I like to buy three 4 OZ baking bars of Ghirardelli white, dark and milk chocolate and chop them up to make triple chocolate chunk cookies when I'm feeling fancy. I suggest you do the same if you're also feeling fancy ;) Remember to use a good quality chocolate chip if you want to do the original cookie recipe.

My Cookie Baking Adventure will be posted soon and will contain pics of the process. Just wanted to post the recipe already :)

~Mely

No comments:

Post a Comment