Monday, November 17, 2014

Weekend Story

 
This weekend I was happy. It was a happy weekend! I threw my Momma a PartyLite party on Saturday and Sunday cooked and watched football and the Walking Dead (I needed to see my boyfriend Daryl). I even... wait for it... went to the gym Friday night with Tony. I also plan on going to the gym four times this week because I am tired of being jiggly.
 
Friday night we went to the gym and to Chic-fil-a afterwards which is perfectly okay because I went to the gym beforehand, right?
 
Saturday
 
Saturday we went to my Momma's house bright and early! I prepped some food before going to run some errands with Tony, PK and my Momma. Then I set up the Partylite display which ended  being not as dazzling as I predicted because I underestimated the amount of product to bring but it was still real pretty!
 
Here's the set up...
 
 
 
For the record, this is what my first PartyLite party setup looked like!
 


 
For the party I made Queso Fundido and a similar take of my Quiche. I used this perfect pie crust recipe and it really is perfect y'all!

 
 
 
 
Yum
 
 
Double yum, I used Chorizo and Monterrey Jack for this Queso Fundido. I also added sliced green onions to it because sliced green onions are everything. This pic has a dollop of sour cream on top because I prepped two Queso's on Saturday and the second one I made on Sunday, I added a dollop of sour cream.
 
Saturday we ended up staying way later than we wanted to at my Mom's house before we came home and I passed right out.
 
Sunday
 
I woke up pretty early to get some cleaning done around the house and we left to my Mom's house right after the Niners game begun. I find it to be very painful to watch the Niners play even if they win. Sunday's win was a real UGLY win, but it was a win. There were also some really positive things to take away from it even after our offense couldn't muster up enough for more than 1 measly touchdown after Eli Manning threw 5 touchdowns. Anyways, I was happy we pulled out a win and hopefully next week we can have an AMAZING game and our defense AND offense can click in perfect symphony.



 
 
After the Niners won my brother and Tony watched the Raiders play while I made these....
 
 
The pic you already saw but more appropriately place under Sunday's paragraph... LOL!


 
 Most people don't know this but Chicken Wings are one of my favorite foods of all time. However, I am picky and I like my Chicken Wings homemade either by myself or by my brother, this Sunday I made about 40 of them. YUM! I think I shall post the recipe I made sometime.
 
We came home early for a little Walking Dead action...
 
 
Then this happened...
 
 
We had some Chocolate Mousse Pie at my Momma's house that we never cut into on Saturday and I brought some home... so good!
 
And every since I found out that my home girl Pioneer Woman's show is on Netflix Tony and I have been watching a couple episodes every night. I love watching her!

 
That's a wrap! Tonite on Mely Cooks Monday I am making...
 
Momma's Chicken Salad!
 
~Mely
 

No comments:

Post a Comment