Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Weekend Story

 
Friday
 
Friday Tony and I went to the Warriors game in Oakland! The traffic going into the Bay was hideous and I should have known considering it was a Friday but we got there with an hour to spare and we immediately went inside to our seats. It was both Tony and I's first time at a Warriors game and my first time at a professional sports game and it was so much fun! The Warriors are one of the best teams in the NBA right now and it was so much fun watching them play live, I even joked to Tony it was nice seeing my boyfriends Andrew Bogut and Klay Thompson ;)


 
 
 

 
Quick side note about the above pic: We had actually both been up since 4AM because I couldn't go back to sleep after he went to work. I binge watched Gilmore Girls for 2 hours on Netflix before getting up to go to work! I drank approximately 250% more caffeine than he did on Friday which is why I don't look tired.
 
 
On the way to the game we picked up some Esstarbucks. I took this pic of our his and hers iced coffees. I marveled at the fact that this husband of mine never drank coffee before we dated and slowly but surely I got him hooked.
 
 
An iPhone pic of our view of the court!
 
Saturday
Saturday we went to the gym and then my Mom's house for dinner. Tony left to his friend's house to watch the Pacquiao fight and I stayed back and lounged at my Mom's... I even took a nap in my Mom's bed! My Mom baked some Oatmeal cookies and I prepped some Chicken to fry up on Sunday!

 
I let this Chicken sit overnight in Buttermilk, Garlic, Lemon Slices, Rosemary, Salt and Pepper.
 
Sunday
 
Sunday we went for a quick hike with my Mom early in the morning. We came back to my Momma's house and picked up some Starbucks and Donuts. Because if you exercise before eating donuts it makes them calorie free. Didn't you know?! #denial
 
I painfully watched as my Niners played and it was another ugly win. For the last 3 weeks they have been ugly wins. When will our offense start playing as well as our defense? Anyways, we play Seattle on Thanksgiving and I hope and pray our offense can get something going. Please, pretty please?

 
One thing is for sure though, it was so nice having this guy back. Our pass rush was almost non-existent while he was suspended.
 

 
And my fried chicken came out pretty good!
 
After the game we came home to watch the Walking Dead...
 


And I watched 90 Day Fiance because ain't nothing like some good ole' TLC Reality Shows...
 

 
This week I only work Monday and Tuesday and I am so excited to cook this year for Thanksgiving! I will be making:
 
TPW_8617
 
Pioneer Woman's Restaurant Style Smashed Potatoes
 
 
Thanksgiving Turkey
 
Along with a roasted Turkey brined with PW's Turkey brine...
 
 
And for Dessert I will be making a whole bunch of PW's Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Frosting.
 
Happy Thanksgiving Week!
 
~Mely

No comments:

Post a Comment