Friday, September 12, 2014

Friday Favorites - Live United Edition

 
Happy Friday!
 
Today I am linking up with Andrea at Momfessionals to show you my Friday Favorite for the week!
 
Momfessionals
 
This Friday my very favorite moment was participating in Day of Caring, an annual event held by my office. In case you missed it, I am an Accountant for United Way of the Wine Country. Day of Caring is an annual event that connects volunteers in the community with dozens of non-profits to complete projects such as painting and landscaping. We have a rally in the morning with coffee and breakfast and then we send our volunteers on their way! My job was to drive around to 8 non-profits and take dozens of pictures of our volunteers working. This is my favorite event all year! Click HERE to read an article by our local newspaper highlighting Day of Caring!
 
Among the projects we had, one was in our own office putting together School Readiness Kits which are for school readiness and engagement for 3 and 4 year olds and include things such as books, the new "My Plate"nutritional guide and resources for parents. Watch the video below which has a cool time lapse of the 1,000 backpacks put together by volunteers :) The inside of my cubicle is shown at the 1:55 mark (sorry had to throw that out there! LOL). I realize you think this is a shameless plug for my job but honestly, Day of Caring and what we achieved in the community was truly my favorite moment this week!
 


 
 
United Way is an organization for social change focused on improving Education, Income and Health in our local communities. As a volunteer, donor and employee I could talk about our United Way and what we do for ever but I encourage you to go see what your local United Way is doing in your community!
 
Thanks for stopping by :)
~Mely

No comments:

Post a Comment