Wednesday, August 20, 2014

A little bit of this and a little bit of that

Talking about the randomness that is going on in my brain right now!
 
Currently on our Netflix List is:
 
 
 
We LOVE this show, it's so captivating. I hope they come out with a Season 2. Also, Tony has been enthralled playing GTA V and I enthralled watching along while he plays because I find it really entertaining.
 

 
Food 
I've also been Crockpotting away quite beautifully. I've made Rolled Chicken Taquitos with Green Avocado Sauce, Chicken Enchiladas and Pork Chile Verde.

Tuesday I made this recipe by Pioneer Woman!
 

 
...As we speak the pork is cooling in my crockpot for later. When I get home from work I will remove the by then hardened fat layer on top, shred the meat, add BBQ sauce and serve on warm toasty bread for Pulled Pork Sandwiches. Yum!
 
And I can't wait to try this recipe...
 
 

 
 
Family:
I posted this pic on Instagram yesterday. My baby sister is starting Middle School and it's hard to imagine that she was just a baby not so long ago. She was the most beautiful, well behaved, charming baby I've ever known. She will also make a solid Auntie to my babies one day. Kari loves anything babies or animals, Starbucks (who knows who she got that from), making questionable fashion choices, Panda Express, Taylor Swift (me too) and she's also a Momma's girl. She has a feisty personality and is very sensitive and caring. My hope for her is that she can grow up to be a confident, kind and goal orientated girl. Although most people would agree she can be a demanding, entitled brat she has had to mature too early for her age.

 
 
Fitness:
I have resorted to waking up at 5:45 each morning to go work out BEFORE work. And you know what's crazy? I love it! Tony likes to go work out at 7 PM and me joining him was just not happening. I hated getting home at 5:30ish and relaxing for an hour and then having to switch into "go, go, go" mode and go work out. It just was not happening, his work out time was not working for me! I didn't have enough time to do anything at home because arriving at the gym at 7:30 meant we would get home at 10 PM and pretty much go straight to sleep. Now that I go work out before work, I have so much more energy at work. The best part is that I get my coffee after my work out and that cup of coffee tastes just THAT much sweeter and well deserved after some solid cardio. As a bonus I get to have the TV and Netflix all to myself while Tony goes to the gym in the evenings. Sweet Joy :)
 
Having said that, working out early has helped me move more toward my goal of becoming a morning person. Yes, I want to be one of those 60 year olds that wakes up at 5 AM everyday just because. It's going to happen.
 

 
And that concludes the randomness!
 
~Mely
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment