Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Favorite Things Link-Up

Today I am linking up with Andrea over at Momfessionals to show you a couple of my favorite things under $10!
 
 
 
These Strawberry Fruit Bars
 
 
Recently I traded in my unhealthy daily Ice Cream habit for a slightly less unhealthier daily fruit popsicle habit, I recently blogged about these popsicles here but I've moved on to these popsicles I got at Le Tar-Jay over the weekend and I am in love. A six-pack is less than $2! Lately I have been sustaining myself with a combination of Coffee, Cheese, Popsicles, Bread and Fruit. My Husband only slightly dissaproves of my strange dietary habits.
 
 
 
I don't read often but when I do read it has to be an enthralling memoir or auto-biography. I ordered this memoir by Ree Drummond AKA The Pioneer Woman and it was delivered over the weekend. I paid less than $10 for the book, taxes and shipping on Amazon. This memoir chronicles how Ree fell in love with and married a cowboy and then moved to a cattle ranch in Oklahoma. It's such an endearing story and an easy read! I've only read the first few chapters but I can't wait to read further tonite :)
 
Wednesday on the Momfessionals recipe club I will be linking up to show you a killer good Chili recipe that made any other Chili recipes obsolete in my eyes. It's so good that this California girl ventured out to make it in 80 degree August weather.
 
 
Love,
Mely

6 comments:

  1. Those strawberry bars are a great price--yum!
    I'd love to read Ree's autobiography!!
    Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohhh I totally have a friend who'd love that Pioneer Woman book for Christmas!!! Great finds!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great memoir to read. She's really witty and a great writer :)

      Delete
  3. those fruit bars look amazing. especially in our 100 degree heat we've been having! www.camillecolumbia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm lucky, were I live it's only 79-83 degrees right now but I could eat these in the winter!

      Delete