Monday, August 4, 2014

Weekend Story

Friday
Friday Tony and I went to my Mom's house to make Mac and Cheese and after finishing up the Mac and Cheese my brother asked us if we wanted to join him at the local billiards for some beers. We tagged along, Tony doesn't drink but I had a couple beers.

Saturday
Saturday we woke up late. Like 9 AM late, CRAZY! I immediately when into domestic mode and put some clothes to wash. I also cleaned up our room and cleaned our bathroom. Tony helped his Dad take some old furniture to the dump and later in the afternoon we headed to my Momma's house again. I brought a Digiorno's Pizza, Trader Joe's Chow Mein and some Chicken breasts. So random I know, I wanted to get my cooking fix in and boy did I! I made the Digiorno and Chow Mein for lunch and later on for dinner I used the chicken breasts and some Carne Asada meat my Mom had to whip up some Tacos. They were good! I made the salsa from scratch and it was tasty. I also whipped up a batch of my Chocolate Chip Cookies for the kids and my nephew, my sister, Tony and I played for a while. My nephew loves playing Football with Tony, he sees him and all he wants to do is play Football or Baseball. We took some silly pics of our shennanigery.
 
 
These were supposed to be our sexy faces but they ended up being our gangsta faces
 
 
 
My sister made her favorite (only) Brother in Law Tony a jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookie

 
 
PS: Here is a quick and easy way to make a Salsa for Tacos or anything your heart desires. This packs on the flavor and you can make it as spicy as you'd like.
 
Grab 4-5 tomatoes (any kind will do)
Some Onion
2 cloves of Garlic
a little handful of Cilantro
2 Jalapenos
Salt
 

Now throw some foil and Olive oil on a pan and you cook those Tomatoes and Jalapenos with a generous amount of salt for a good 25 minutes until they've almost turned to mush.
 

 
Mushy like this
 
 
Trust me on this one...
 
Now you go ahead and throw those garlic cloves, onion and small hand full of cilantro in a blender...
 

 
And add that Tomato mush with all it's gloriousness including the browned tomato skin into the blender
 

 
Now blend and pour that delicious Salsa on some grilled Chicken breast or Carne Asada for Tacos along with diced onion, cilantro and a squeeze of lime....
 
 
 
You're welcome.
 
Sunday
Sunday we went with my Mom to Howarth Park for a nice hike. Afterwards my Mom insisted on taking us to breakfast so went to our favorite restaurant Black Bear Diner and I got Chicken Fried Steak and Tony got the Grizz (which comes with pretty much everything you could imagine). It was superb as always. After breakfast we came home and took a long nap and naps on weekends are a rarity for me, I told Tony to soak it all in. Usually he will nap and I will bug him to wake up and do something because weekends are too short and so much fun must be had! I woke up and snuck out to the grocery store and when I got back I watched him play Grand Theft Auto V, I find it so entertaining to watch. We also watched some Netflix for a few hours and I whipped up some grilled Ham and Cheeses on Sourdough with Gouda, Fontina, Cheddar and Virginia Ham. Yum.
 
 
Partially consumed breakfast at Black Bear. I gave my Momma my toast, eggs and half my potatoes. I managed to down 1/2 my Chicken Fried Stead, 1/4 of my potatoes and 1/4 of a pancake. That's a lot for a Bariatric patient!
 
Later on we went to Baskin Robbins for my favorite sweat treat - a mini Oreo Cappuccino Blast. SO GOOD!
 
I promise I don't make awful dietary choices all of the time ;) We came home, hung out a little longer and went to sleep late.
 
PS... Yosemite is less than 4 days away!!! 
~Mely



No comments:

Post a Comment